This page is a timeline of important events within the Chuck universe.
- 1 Timeline
- 1.1 1949
- 1.2 1954
- 1.3 1956
- 1.4 1969
- 1.5 1974
- 1.6 1978
- 1.7 1980
- 1.8 1981
- 1.9 1982
- 1.10 1983
- 1.11 1988
- 1.12 1989
- 1.13 1990
- 1.14 1991
- 1.15 1994
- 1.16 1995
- 1.17 1998
- 1.18 1999
- 1.19 2000
- 1.20 2002
- 1.21 2003
- 1.22 2004
- 1.23 2005
- 1.24 2006
- 1.25 2007
- 1.26 2008
- 1.27 2009
- 1.28 2010
- 1.29 2011
- 1.30 2012
- Ted Roark is born in New York, NY.
- Stephen Bartowski is born.
- Mary Elizabeth Gunter is born.
- Sasha Banacheck is born in the USSR.
- Ilsa Trinchina is born in Bosnia.
- Ellie Bartowski is born.
- The first Human Intersect is created; Hartley Winterbottom.
- Hartley Winterbottom is reported M.I.A on November 20, 1980.
- Chuck Bartowski is born September 18th to Stephen and Mary Bartowski.
- Morgan Grimes is born circa November to Bolonia Grimes.
- Jeff Barnes becomes Missile Command world champion.
- Michael Tucker joins Earth, Wind & Fire as Rain.
- While living mostly with her Grandmother, Sarah Walker is involved in a Girl Scout Cookie con with her father Jack Burton in McCall, Idaho. After hearing her father needs money, Sarah gives her father her piggy bank with the money she's saving for "Adventures with Dad"; he keeps the bank after he leaves her at her Grandmother's and only ever adds to it.
- Alex Coburn (aka John Casey) is reviewed by a ranking officer regarding his application to special forces training whilst in Honduras. His application is denied, however Col. James Keller offers Alex a place in a top-secret NSA black ops team, consisting of 'the best operatives', which Coburn accepts.
- Coburn is officially "killed" in action in Honduras on the same day John Casey appears as a new recruit on Keller's black ops team.
- Alex McHugh is born.
- Sarah was involved in a bank con with her father Jack Burton in Butte, Montana.
- Mary Bartowski leaves her family to go deep undercover to retrieve the Hydra Network from Volkoff Industries.
- Mary Bartowski is established as a traitor to the CIA to enhance her cover.
- Stephen Bartowski is known to have been working on the beta Intersect during this year.
- John Casey is stationed in a top secret location, training under Ty Bennett.
- Stephen Bartowski promises to make pancakes for dinner, then leaves home to go M.I.A. Ellie is 17.
- Sarah Walker's father, Jack Burton, is arrested and sent to jail for protection reasons after he was found to have swindled several high profile businessmen.
- Sarah is invited to join the CIA by Langston Graham and accepts, discontinuing her former alias, "Jenny Burton," and officially becoming Sarah Walker.
- Sarah joins the CIA's CAT (Clandestine Attack Team) Squad.
- Chuck begins his freshman year at Stanford University and meets Bryce Larkin, a fellow nerd. They bond over their passion for Zork and decide to build their own version of the game. Bryce apparently introduces Chuck to Jill Roberts.
- Chuck begins dating Jill Roberts.
- John Casey, along with his team, Packard, T.I., and MacKintosh, are in Zargos Mountains of Iran to plant charges to seal a vault full of gold used to fund terrorists. The team tries to steal the gold, but Casey incapacitates them. He seals the vault, which can only be opened with his handprint identification, and drags his team back to base to have them court-martialed.
- Ellie Bartowski and Devon Woodcomb are enrolled at UCLA Medical Center, where they first meet and share an intimate moment in the broom closet.
- Chuck is expelled during his senior year at Stanford University after being framed for cheating, a frame designed by Bryce Larkin. Later, it is revealed that Larkin did this to prevent Chuck from being recruited by the CIA after scoring exceptionally in the encoded images test.
- Working at the Burbank Buy More as a green shirt, Chuck visits Jill to try to explain that he did not cheat, but she says she is dating Bryce.
- CAT Squad is disbanded
- Morgan Grimes becomes an employee at the Burbank Buy More.
- John Casey's lover; Ilsa Trinchina is believed dead in Grozny, Chechnya, having been caught in the lethal blast radius of an explosive device.
- Bryce and Sarah, posing undercover as "The Andersons", perform a grab operation on a briefcase in Bogota, Colombia.
- Sarah's handler, Kieran Ryker tricks Sarah into going on an unsanctioned mission in Budapest, Hungary.
- Ryker goes rogue after admitting to Sarah that the mission was unsanctioned and was only done to acquire a baby, the only heir to a massive fortune whose parents were killed by the eleven men that Sarah eliminated.
- Sarah lies to CIA Director Graham about having the baby in her possession.
- Sarah gives the baby to her mother then breaks all contact in order to protect them.
- Bryce breaks into an NSA base, destroying the Intersect computer but not before downloading it onto a mobile phone. Bryce sends the Intersect files to Chuck just before he is shot and apparently killed by John Casey.
- Chuck receives Bryce's e-mail, and, after solving a Zork riddle, has the entire Intersect downloaded into his brain.
- Team Bartowski is officially formed after the CIA and NSA realize Chuck is a Human Intersect and can be of use since all other copies of the program have been destroyed.
- Jonas Zarnow is revealed to be a rogue NSA scientist trying to sell secrets from the Intersect.
- La Ciudad is captured by Team Bartowski
- Team Bartowski, along with Carina Miller steal a famous diamond from Peyman Alahi.
- Harry Tang is promoted to assistant manager at the Buy More, uncontested.
- Harry Tang runs in on Chuck, Sarah and Casey while they're being briefed by Beckman and is removed from the area and put in stasis in Hawaii.
- Fulcrum first revealed to Team Bartowski.
- The CIA and NSA begin beta testing the new Intersect computer.
- Ellie Bartowski and Devon Woodcomb become engaged.
- Chuck begins dating Lou Palone. They later break up, amicably, after she is told by Casey that Chuck is undercover with the FDA.
- Thinking that they were going to die, Sarah kisses Chuck.
- Bryce goes undercover to take Fulcrum down.
- The new Intersect is destroyed after Fulcrum manages to steal the Cypher from an NSA lab and replace it with a sabotage device, killing CIA Director Langston Graham in the process.
- Lester Patel is chosen as the new assistant manager at the Burbank Buy More, but resigns soon after.
- Sarah attends her high school reunion with Chuck, where it is revealed her former classmate Heather Chandler is selling US super bomber plans to the Russian mob.
- Emmett Milbarge, an efficiency expert, becomes assistant manager at the Burbank Buy More.
- Chuck coincidentally meets with Jill Roberts while on a Nerd Herd call. She later finds out he is a government asset, but not why, and they begin dating.
- Team Bartowski finds out that Jill's boss, Guy Lefleur, is working for Fulcrum.
- Chuck, Sarah and Casey find out that Jill is a Fulcrum agent. She is interrogated, and tells Team Bartowski that she was recruited whilst at Stanford University.
- Jill breaks free from custody and takes control of Castle to upload joint CIA/NSA intelligence with her Fulcrum handler; Leader. They are both arrested and incarcerated.
- The Burbank Buy More is taken hostage by Fulcrum agent Ned Rhyerson; posing as a desperate man who has lost his job. Another Fulcrum agent, Frank Mauser who is also a police negotiator, gains access to the store, taking Chuck hostage, to be transported to a secret Fulcrum facility, when he is reveals himself to be the Intersect to protect his family from harm. Sarah frees Chuck and shoots the Mauser to prtect Chuck.
- Big Mike is divorced from wife, Gladys, and begins dating Morgan's mother, Bolonia Grimes whom he met online.
- Chuck meets undercover MI6 agent, Cole Barker, who is deep undercover inside Fulcrum. Cole reveals his knowledge of the Intersect's designer, Dr. Howard Busgang.
- Chuck meets Howard Busgang, who reveals that the Intersect's chief designer is code named Orion.
- Chuck finds a message on his computer from Orion, he knows Chuck is the human Intersect.
- General Beckman first meets with Team Bartowski in person at Echo Park, to address the team on the importance of Orion.
- Chuck is kidnapped by Fulcrum agent Vincent Smith, who attempts to kidnap Orion.
- Orion is apparently killed in a Fulcrum helicopter when he hijacks an MQ-1 Predator to destroy it.
- Sarah finds Chuck's father, Stephen Bartowski when he allows her to do so. She takes Chuck to meet his dad, and Chuck brings his father back to Burbank.
- Chuck finds out that Stephen's former friend and nemesis, Ted Roark, is building an Intersect when Chuck is contacted by Orion again.
- Chuck goes on a rogue mission to find the Intersect in Roark's offices, at the same time, discovering that Stephen Bartowski is actually Orion.
- Stephen tries to help Chuck by removing the Intersect from Chuck's head, only to be interrupted when Ted Roark who reveals himself to be a Fulcrum agent, and kidnaps Orion to complete the Fulcrum Intersect.
- Chuck interrogates Jill Roberts to find Stephen. They head to the Strength Leader Corporation; a Fulcrum business front, where Jill discovers that Orion is being moved to Black Rock.
- Chuck allows Jill to escape from custody after she helps him. She is never seen again.
- John Casey is promoted to Colonel
- Team Bartowski rescues Stephen from the hidden Fulcrum headquarters at Black Rock. Before escaping, Stephen removes the Intersect from Chuck's brain successfully. The area is then bombed by a US Air Force raid ordered by General Beckman.
- Emmett is promoted to store manager at the Burbank Buy More. Big Mike is demoted to Green Shirt.
- Devon discovers that Chuck, Sarah, and Casey are spies.
- Morgan becomes the new assistant manager, but quits soon after and moves to Hawaii with Anna Wu.
- Fulcrum is destroyed.
- Stephen, Sarah, and Chuck take part in Ellie's wedding in the middle of April along with Big Mike and Bolonia Grimes. After the wedding is disrupted by Ted Roark and his agents, the wedding is rescheduled by Chuck, and Devon and Ellie marry on the beach.
- Ted Roark is incarcerated by the NSA, and later killed by an agent of The Ring.
- Stephen reprograms the Fulcrum Intersect built by Ted Roark at the request of the CIA.
- Bryce dies at the hands of The Ring defending Intersect 2.0 from them.
- The Ring reveal themselves.
- Chuck downloads and destroys the Intersect 2.0.
- Chuck begins his spy training in Prague.
- Chuck is fired from the CIA after showing what Beckman perceives as subpar performance during his training.
- Emmett Milbarge is killed by Javier Cruz.
- Chuck and Morgan are rehired by the Burbank Buy More. Big Mike is given another opportunity to be store manager.
- Special Agent Daniel Shaw joins Team Bartowski, as special agent in charge.
- Morgan Grimes becomes the new Burbank Buy More assistant manager.
- Chuck meets a woman named Hannah during a mission flight to Paris.
- Ring agent Hugo Panzer is captured by the NSA.
- Chuck begins seeing Hannah while Sarah begins seeing Daniel Shaw.
- Hannah joins the Nerd Herd staff.
- Nicos Vassilis is executed by The Ring.
- An attempt by The Ring to infiltrate Castle results in Morgan finding out about Chuck's double life.
- Chuck breaks up with Hannah after realizing he still has feelings for Sarah, and bringing Hannah into his world isn't fair.
- Colonel Casey is dismissed from the NSA and returns to civilian life.
- Chuck is believed to have passed his final exams and Red Test and becomes a full-fledged CIA Agent.
- The Ring reveals to Shaw that his wife, Evelyn, was killed by Sarah during her Red Test in 2005.
- Shaw covertly joins The Ring.
- Shaw is presumed dead after being shot by Chuck in Paris.
- Chuck and Sarah begin dating exclusively.
- The Governor designed for the Intersect 2.0 is created by Stephen Bartowski.
- Shaw is revealed to have survived the incident in Paris, and uploads the Ring Intersect.
- Stephen Bartowski is murdered by Daniel Shaw, simply to emotionally compromise Chuck.
- Ellie finds out about Chuck's involvement with the CIA after being manipulated by a Ring double-agent, Justin Sullivan. She witnesses her father's murder.
- The Ring is defeated by Team Bartowski, after attempting to take control of the NSA, CIA and other US intelligence agencies.
- Shaw is incarcerated after being exposed and defeated by Chuck after a confrontation at the Burbank Buy More.
- The Burbank Buy More is blown up after Morgan accidentally activates the explosives rigged inside the store by Shaw.
- Jeff Barnes and Lester Patel become fugitives after being blamed for the store's demolition.
- Chuck discovers Stephen Bartowski's secret base.
May 28th-September 20th
- Chuck leaves the CIA, as he promised Ellie, but is blocked from all other employment by Beckman who drafts him back into the Agency.
- Casey, Sarah, Chuck, and Morgan search for Volkoff Industries.
- The Burbank Buy More is rebuilt as an undercover CIA/NSA substation.
- Chuck begins searching for his mother and finds out she is involved somehow with Volkoff Industries.
- Lester, Jeff, Skip, Fernando and several former Buy More employees are rehired. Morgan Grimes is promoted to store manager. Big Mike is rehired as assistant store manager.
- Stephen Bartowski's Secret Base is destroyed by Alexei Volkoff and Chuck's mother, Mary Bartowski.
- Chuck is kidnapped by a scientist who seeks to extract the Intersect from him, he is later rescued by Team Bartowski.
- Alexei Volkoff discovers Chuck is Mary's son. He is revealed as being in love with Mary.
- Mary reveals to Team Bartowski that her original assignment 20 years ago was to locate and retrieve Volkoff's network.
- Sarah secretly volunteers herself to Beckman that she will do anything to take down Volkoff Industries and bring back Chuck's mother.
- Sarah is arrested for treason to establish her cover as a double agent.
- Sarah joins Volkoff Industries.
- Mary and Sarah find the hidden Hydra Network in Volkoff's office.
- Sarah accidentally seriously injures Casey when she is assigned by Volkoff to kill him.
- Chuck and Morgan begin another rogue mission together to bring back Mary. They interrogate CIA engineer Roni Eimacher, only to find he was made to build the Hydra Network for Volkoff, which is now located on The Contessa
- Mary's cover and affiliation is compromised when she is caught in a trap by Volkoff when it is discovered she had been secretly contacting Stephen Bartowski for 20 years.
- Volkoff is arrested and the entire Hydra Network is uploaded onto Orion's computers by Chuck.
- Clara Woodcomb is born on January 31, 2011. Chuck and Sarah become engaged on the same day.
- Team Bartowski travel to Morocco to save a kidnapped Roan Montgomery.
- The CAT Squad if temporarily reassembled to take down Augusto Gaez.
- Team Bartowski save Vivian Volkoff from being murdered by Boris Kaminsky.
- Vivian uploads a digital tract in the First Bank of Macau; leading Team Bartowski to terrorist organizations around the world.
- Morgan moves out of Chuck's Apartment.
- Casey moves to a new intersect team, which is discovered by Chuck and Sarah, who discredit Casey's new team after they carelessly arm a nuclear weapon and only Chuck has the skills to disarm it.
- Chuck is given control of finding a new intersect candidate. His first choice, Brody, is murdered by Damien, as is his second choice Lewis. The US government decides to stop searching for new Human Intersect candidates.
- Vivian Volkoff turns on the CIA; aiming to recover her father's lost empire.
- Vivian tries to kill Team Bartowski and her father; recovering the dangerous Thorium in the process
- Chuck and Sarah are swindled of $26,230 by con artist Daphne Peralta. Chuck fakes a flash to allow him access to all government databases to track down Peralta; who is then captured. General Beckman is then made aware of their misuse of intelligence, and suspends both Chuck and Sarah. They are later reinstated.
- Sarah is poisoned by Vivian Volkoff.
- Clyde Decker uses a suppression device to remove the identity of Alexei Volkoff from Hartley Winterbottom.
- Chuck, Sarah, and Morgan are fired from CIA and Casey from NSA.
- Chuck and Sarah get married.
- Vivian Volkoff and Hartley Winterbottom acquire new identities and leave, dismantling Volkoff Industries.
- Hartley Winterbottom, previously known as Alexei Volkoff, turns all the assets of Volkoff Industries over Chuck and Sarah, an amount of $877 million. With a part of the money, they purchase the Buy More, the Castle, and new tactical equipment. Chuck, Sarah, Morgan and Casey become a freelance team.
- Carmichael Industries is established
- Morgan downloads the flawed intersect.
- A conspiracy against Chuck is uncovered.
- Morgan begins to lose memory and his personality is subsumed because of the faulty Intersect. He betrays Chuck and offers Verbanski Corporation his services.
- Morgan dumps Alex via text message.
- The Intersect is removed from Morgan's brain.
- Decker puts a hit out on Morgan which later is rescinded after Chuck and his team take down the assassin known as The Viper.
- Casey eliminates The Viper and her team. Decker arrests Casey for murder.
- Lester Patel is arrested after trying to poison Jeffrey Barnes in order to keep him subservient.
- Casey and Gertrude Verbanski start dating.
- Chuck, once an infamous hacker nicknamed Piranha, Morgan claims that a movie was made based on his career as the Piranha, "Swordfish".
- Decker reveals his plan to frame Chuck for the possession and release of the Omen virus.
- Verbanski steals the Omen Virus from Decker and detonates an explosive she planted on him, killing him.
- Chuck, Sarah, Casey, and Verbanski go into hiding.
- Ellie and Devon are mistaken for Chuck and Sarah and are captured by Robin Cunnings. Chuck gives himself up to save his sister, and the Omen Virus is released. Later, Casey and Sarah take down Robin Cunning's and her team.
- The CIA drops all charges against Team Bartowski and Casey's record is expunged.
- Daniel Shaw escapes from prison and takes Sarah and Casey hostage. It is revealed that Shaw was behind the conspiracy against Chuck, using his Intersect to blackmail Decker, who was all ready corrupt, into cooperation.
- It is revealed that Stan Lee, comic book creator, is a spy for the CIA.
- Chuck uploads the Omen Virus into Shaw's brain via the Intersect glasses, destroying his Ring Intersect, and takes him down.
- General Beckman offers all members of Carmichael Industries a position at the CIA, they turn her down.
- Shaw contacts Kieran Ryker about the baby that Sarah had given to her mother, and tells Ryker that the baby is still alive.
- Sarah goes to Budapest, Hungary to find out if Ryker knew the baby's whereabouts and reluctantly brings along Chuck and Casey.
- Sarah tells Chuck about the baby and her mother whilst he has her bugged.
- Sarah takes down Ryker.
- Sarah reconnects with her mother and Molly after five years. Chuck meets Sarah's mother, Emma.
- Morgan and Alex get back together.
- Sarah thinks she's pregnant, but then tests negative.
- Verbanski and her team are captured by Saint Germane. Casey, Chuck, and Sarah rescue her.
- Lester and Jeff find out that Casey, Chuck, Sarah, and Morgan are spies.
- Sarah and Chuck decide to shift Carmichael Industries into a firm that counters cyber-terrorism.
- It is revealed that during Morgan's Intersect days, he "slept" with Bo Derek. Later, it also comes to light that Bo Derek is a spy.
- Casey tricks Jeff and Lester into thinking that Casey, Chuck, Sarah, and Morgan are not spies.
- Nicholas Quinn takes Chuck hostage.
- Whilst trying to rescue Chuck, Sarah becomes the Intersect.
- In order to save Morgan, Alex, and Devon, Jeff and Lester are told by Casey that he's NSA.
- Sarah is taken hostage by Quinn before the Intersect could be removed. Quinn uses stimulants to erase the last five years from Sarah's mind.
- Quinn tells Sarah that he's CIA in order to use her to get the Intersect. He tasks her to kill Chuck after the mission is over.
- Sarah takes Ellie hostage, but then is taken "hostage" by Chuck and he tries to push her into regaining her memories by telling her their story in their dream home. She realizes that he really loves her, but still thinks that she is on a mission. She nearly kills Chuck, but is stopped by a memory of her and Chuck carving their names into the door frame of the house. Quinn gets the Intersect from Sarah and tells her that he's been lying to her. He tries to shoot Sarah, but Chuck, wearing a vest, takes the bullet.
- Casey gives Sarah the mission log to Project Bartowski and she watches it. She finally believes that Chuck was telling the truth about their relationship.
- Sarah hunts down Quinn, but he almost kills her.
- Casey is tasked with hunting down Quinn by General Beckman.
- Sarah continues to hunt Quinn with the help of Chuck and Morgan, and later, Casey.
- Quinn plants a bomb in order to kill Beckman.
- Sarah kills Quinn, and Chuck reloads the Intersect in order to disarm the bomb.
- Subway buys the Burbank Buy More from Chuck and Sarah.
- Jeffster is offered a record deal by a German record executive.
- Casey goes to Germany to be with Gertrude.
- Morgan and Alex move in together.
- Ellie and Devon move to Chicago.
- Sarah decides to leave, but seemingly can't bring herself to do it, instead going to the beach where she found Chuck after their "first date" 5 years ago. Chuck finds her and Sarah decides to give him a chance by asking to hear their story. They share a kiss as the series comes to an end.