|Chuck Versus the Bullet Train|
|Season 05, Episode 11|
|Air Date||January 20, 2012|
|Director||Buzz Feitshans IV|
|Previous||Chuck Versus Bo|
|Next||Chuck Versus Sarah|
- "That was some major ass whupping, honey... have you been taking strip kick?"
- ―Chuck to Sarah
Meanwhile, the mission leaves Casey with an impossible decision.
Full Story EditQuinn (Angus Macfadyen) has captured Chuck (Zachary Levi) and orders him to fix the Intersect, which is "en route to his base." Quinn also informs Chuck that Sarah (Yvonne Strahovski) and Casey (Adam Baldwin) are dead. In fact, Sarah, using her new Intersect skills, has defeated Quinn’s men, has sent the false message confirming that she and Casey are dead, and has made arrangements for their bodies to be on the same bullet train that Quinn and Chuck are on.
Sarah, using her new Intersect powers, saves Chuck and captures Quinn. Chuck and Sarah share a moment about how amazing it is to have the Intersect, and then sketch out their future life together, complete with picket fences and children. However, Quinn has two of this henchmen capture Alex, and then uses her to force Casey into helping him escape. A fight ensues and Sarah, unable to control the Intersect, attempts to kill Quinn.
Meanwhile, back at the Buy More, Ellie (Sarah Lancaster) is working with Morgan (Joshua Gomez) and Devon (Ryan McPartlin) to try and understand how and why the Intersect damaged Morgan’s brain, and hypothesizes that flashing too frequently with the corrupt database places too much strain on the brain, and that this resulted in Morgan’s behavior change and memory loss.
Devon and Morgan are texted by Chuck at Casey’s request, and alerted to Alex’s kidnapping. They attempt to save her but are intercepted by one of the kidnappers. Jeff (Scott Krinsky) and Lester (Vik Sahay), still convinced that something is going on but unable to remember any of their discoveries from last week, are following Devon and Morgan, and find up the earwig that Morgan is using to communicate with Casey after Morgan is captured.
Casey, after a quick conference with Chuck, decides that they are Alex’s best hope, and talks them through a successful rescue attempt, using supplies from his car. Quinn has survived Sarah’s attempt to kill him, and manages to capture Sarah, and torture her through the use of the faulty Intersect, reprogramming her so that she doesn’t remember the last five years of her life.
The end of the episode sees Quinn enter Sarah's hotel room, posing as her CIA handler, and give her a mission to kill Chuck Bartowski, who she cannot seem to remember.
Chuck:It's the coolest thing in the world, isn't it!?
Sarah: The coolest ever!
Chuck: Did you do any Parkour?
Sarah: Off the bridge, and on to a moving truck, and then on to a car going the opposite direction.
Chuck: Oh, awesome!
Guest stars Edit
- Sarah becomes the 9th and final human Intersect of the story, the others being, in chronological order, Hartley/Volkoff, Stephen, Chuck, Manoosh, Shaw, Richard Noble/Greta 2, Victoria Dunwoody/Greta 3, and Morgan.
- With this episode Casey becomes the only member of Team Bartowski that was never a human Intersect.
- Ron, the thug who kidnaps Alex is played by Ben Browder, who played John Crichton in the cult sci-fi series Farscape.
- The special opening credits resemble the opening credits of the failed 1979 NBC show called "Supertrain."
- Days Are Forgotten - Kasabian
- Misspent Youth - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
- O'Canada - Third Marine Aircraft Wing Band, US Marine Corps
- Another Wave From You - M83
- She Tows the Line - Crooked Fingers