|Birthplace||Colwyn Bay, North Wales|
|Birth Date||March 21, 1946|
Timothy Dalton is a Welsh actor who is well known for his portrayal of James Bond 007 in The Living Daylights and License to Kill as well as for his portrayal as Time Lord Rassilon in the science fiction television series Doctor Who.
He is known to this wiki as having portrayed the main antagonist of Season Four on the NBC television series Chuck as Alexei Volkoff. He was invited to appear by the producers who enticed him with DVDs of the previous seasons, he agreed to appear because, "I started watching the show and I thought it was terrific. I really, really liked it. It was so unlike what I'd experienced of other TV shows, it was totally unpredictable, kind of dangerous, and it broke the rules, and it was very funny....The imagination behind it was special, it was a one off, it's unique, it's original, and that's worth doing."
Career[edit | edit source]
He was originally contracted to play James Bond for three movies, but he dropped out as he was no longer comfortable with playing in the 007 movies when legal action was taken against the third 007 movie he was to play in, The Property of a Lady. His role as James Bond was made available for GoldenEye, but he had declined it, and it was then given to the fifth James Bond actor, Pierce Brosnan.
Dalton's first role as a villain began when he portrayed Neville Sinclair in the 1991 movie, The Rocketeer.
Dalton played the antagonist to action/comedy film Hot Fuzz in 2007, portraying as Simon Skinner, the owner of a local market.
He has also done voice acting work in Toy Story 3 as Mr. Pricklepants.
Chuck[edit | edit source]
In 2011, he won TV Guide Fan Favorite Award for best villain in a television series.
Filmography[edit | edit source]
- The Lion in Winter (1968) - Philip II
- Mary, Queen of Scotts (1971) - Henry Stuart, Lord Darnley
- Sextette (1978) - Sir Michael Barrington
- The Man Who Knew Love (1978) - Juan de Dios
- Flash Gordon (1980) - Prince Barin
- The Living Daylights (1987) - James Bond
- License to Kill (1989) - James Bond
- The King's Whore (1990) - Le Roi Vittorio Amadeo
- The Rocketeer (1991) - Neville Sinclair
- The Beautician and the Beast (1997) - Boris Pochenko
- Cleopatra (1999) - Julius Caesar
- The Reef (1999) - Charles Darrow
- Possessed (2000) - Father William S. Bowdern
- American Outlaws (2001) - Allan Pinkerton
- Looney Tunes: Back in Action (2003) - Damien Drake
- Hot Fuzz (2007) - Simon Skinner
- Toy Story 3 (2010) - Mr. Pricklepants
- The Tourist (2010) - Chief Inspector Jones
- Clean Out (2011) - Kupfer
Television[edit | edit source]
- Charlie's Angels: Fallen Angel (1979) - Damien Roth
- Jane Eyre (TV miniseries) (1983) - Edward Rochester
- Tales from the Crypt: Werewolf Concerto (1992) - Lokai
- Framed (1992) - Eddie Myers
- Scarlett (TV miniseries) (1994) - Rhett Butler
- Dunkirk (2004) - Narrator
- Hercules (TV miniseries) (2005) - Amphitryon
- Doctor Who (2009 - 2010) - Time Lord Rassilon
- Chuck (2010 - 2011) - Alexei Volkoff
- Tinkerbell and the Mysterious Winter Woods (2011) - Lord Milori