|Birthplace||Colwyn Bay, North Wales|
|Birth Date||March 21, 1946|
He is more known to this wiki as having portrayed the main antagonist of Season Four on the NBC television series Chuck as Alexei Volkoff. He was invited to appear by the producers who enticed him with DVDs of the previous seasons, he agreed to appear because, "I started watching the show and I thought it was terrific. I really, really liked it. It was so unlike what I'd experienced of other TV shows, it was totally unpredictable, kind of dangerous, and it broke the rules, and it was very funny....The imagination behind it was special, it was a one off, it's unique, it's original, and that's worth doing."
Early life Edit
Dalton was born in Colwyn Bay, North Wales to an American mother of Italian and Irish descent and an English father, who was a captain in the Special Operations Executive during World War II and had become an advertising executive at the time of his son's birth. Before his fourth birthday, the family moved to Belper, Derbyshire. While in Belper, he attended the Herbert Strutt Grammar School. As a teenager, he was a member of the Air Cadets but at the age of 16 saw Macbeth where Dalton's life changed. He left school in 1964 to enroll in the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art and tour with the National Youth Theatre. Dalton did not complete his RADA studies, leaving the academy in 1966 to join the ensemble of the Birmingham Repertory Theatre.
He was originally contracted to play James Bond for three movies, but he dropped himself from the casting as he was no longer comfortable with playing in the 007 movies when legal action was taken against the third 007 movie he was to portray in, The Property of a Lady. His role as James Bond was made available for GoldenEye, but he had declined it and it was then given to the fifth James Bond actor, Pierce Brosnan.
Dalton's first role as a villain began when he portrayed Neville Sinclair in the 1991 movie, The Rocketeer.
Dalton has played as the antagonist to action/comedy film Hot Fuzz in 2007, portraying as Simon Skinner, the owner of a local markets. He has also done voice acting work in Toy Story 3 as Mr. Pricklepants.
- The Lion in Winter (1968) - Philip II
- Mary, Queen of Scotts (1971) - Henry Stuart, Lord Darnley
- Sextette (1978) - Sir Michael Barrington
- The Man Who Knew Love (1978) - Juan de Dios
- Flash Gordon (1980) - Prince Barin
- The Living Daylights (1987) - James Bond
- License to Kill (1989) - James Bond
- The King's Whore (1990) - Le Roi Vittorio Amadeo
- The Rocketeer (1991) - Neville Sinclair
- The Beautician and the Beast (1997) - Boris Pochenko
- Cleopatra (1999) - Julius Caesar
- The Reef (1999) - Charles Darrow
- Possessed (2000) - Father William S. Bowdern
- American Outlaws (2001) - Allan Pinkerton
- Looney Tunes: Back in Action (2003) - Damien Drake
- Hot Fuzz (2007) - Simon Skinner
- Toy Story 3 (2010) - Mr. Pricklepants
- The Tourist (2010) - Chief Inspector Jones
- Clean Out (2011) - Kupfer
- Charlie's Angels: Fallen Angel (1979) - Damien Roth
- Jane Eyre (TV miniseries) (1983) - Edward Rochester
- Tales from the Crypt: Werewolf Concerto (1992) - Lokai
- Framed (1992) - Eddie Myers
- Scarlett (TV miniseries) (1994) - Rhett Butler
- Dunkirk (2004) - Narrator
- Hercules (TV miniseries) (2005) - Amphitryon
- Doctor Who (2009 - 2010) - Time Lord Rassilon
- Chuck (2010 - 2011) - Alexei Volkoff
- Tinkerbell and the Mysterious Winter Woods (2011) - Lord Milori